Everything in life is cyclical and apparently that goes for Em's Essentials as well. With so many facets of my business, the blog has become more seasonal that I originally intended. But it's here to stay and coming very soon you will be able to shop the blog! Summer in the south is serious business and I'm better when I have a theme so this month I'm letting the heat inspire me.
If you missed it, we recently added 3 baby chicks to the family - Piper, Phoebe and Paige - my little charmed ones. If you thinking about getting your own backyard chickens defiantly follow along with the chicken highlight on @exhibitionhouse and hopefully avoid any mistakes I make along the way. The first mistake was not getting a big enough brood and using the wrong waterer and feeder.
Now lets look at some thoughtfully curated summer inspired picks!
- Ilia - The clean beauty trend is right up my ally and searching for the perfect tinted sunscreen had been a journey. Ilia was actually one of the first brands I tried and honestly after using it nothing else really compared. You have to be into the dewy look, and I certainly am. Some of the key ingredients that make this product stand out include: Hyaluronic Acid draws hydration into skin to visibly plump and replenish, Niacinamide minimizes the look of pores, smooths skin texture, and refines uneven tone, Plant-Based Squalane seals in moisture and boosts elasticity without clogging pores, and Non-Nano Zinc Oxide safely shields skin from UV rays, blue light, and pollution.
- DRAM Water- The absolute best sparkling water on the market. It's so crisp, aromatic, and clean tasting. I have been able to find it at a few local shops, and always buy like 5 at a time. They also have CBD infused flavors which I can't wait to try.
- The Best Sun Hat - I've been searching for the perfect sun hat since last summer and I finally found it. The leather strap has made all the difference.
- Cloud Bowl - A little summer pottery. Despite the heat it's been really nice to have the perfect skies while shooting exteriors lately. I haven't had to do a sky replacement in a few weeks. This bowl reminds me of that perfect summer sky. Get 15% off all ceramics till the end of the month with the code SUMMERLOVE.
- Chicken/Homestead Instagram - I finally found the chicken part of instagram. Phew. This is just one of the many I found. If you're interested in more DM me and I'll send you my favs!
- Sun Pendant - I found this 22k gold sun pendant on Etsy and I just really want it!
- Lemon Squeezy Collective - A lemon themed IG with everything I'm learning about the energy and frequency of money. Have a peek if your into that.
- Check out this Shoot I did with my favorite coffee shop. Ayu is located on Frenchman not too far from St. Claude. Their food is to die for and they never give me any grief when I order a matcha. I was experiencing this weird thing where a few coffee shops would suddenly catch a tude if I asked for a Matcha.
- Cute Soda Makers - Maybe you're thinking why does it need to be cute. My friend- everything needs to be cute. If you don't resonate with that you might be in the wrong place. The one I use is an Isi. I was disappointed when I got it and was plastic. It works great considering I never use cold water, but shaking it before and after setting off the charger does help. Here is one that supposedly comes with glass, however it only has one bad review so use your best judgment there.